Friday, October 25, 2013

Who this is for...Recipe: Enchilada's

Lets face it, every other food blog out there is going to tell you, the reader, how to eat, what to eat and when to eat it. Over all that isn't fair. My job is not to be your mother, my job is to share with you awesome food that you could make at home with out being a Martha Stewart.

I don't eat the healthiest diet. I don't make the low carb food, I make food that my family eats. Who is my family? I have a husband, and two kids. The oldest of which is barely two. So I am busy! Most of my menu's are about what I can make with him sitting near by or what I can make with him under foot. So fast is good. Cheap is also good. I am not going to lie, my house is one of the many homes on WIC. This food service is focused on saving families money, and providing nutrition for them so they can eat healthy. One of the hardest things I found while on WIC was recipe's that you can make with the food. Honestly, the program is great, but some times there is just no clues from them on what to do with the food you get.

So my first set is going to be with things you can get from WIC. I will have a similar format for every recipe. A shopping list, the recipe and my own reviews of it. Mind you these are the recipe's that I follow, you can add, delete or change them as you see fit. I am not going to say I wrote any of these, in fact I will site my sources on where I get the recipe's from so their owners get credit. Most come from allrecipes.com.

Also I will go over some tidbits on how to do different things, tips or tricks can always be placed in the comments section of the blog. In fact I would LOVE to hear back from any readers I have.

The first Recipe; Enchiladas! ~by Campbell's Kitchen

Now I am not Mexican at all, so these are going to be done the American way, Aka My way!

Servings: 8

Ingredients:
  • 1lb Cheddar cheese (WIC item)
  • 1lb Flour tortillas (WIC Item)
  • 1lb Meat (Chicken, ground turkey, ground beef, steak all work)
  • Salsa
  • Sour Cream
Directions
  1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Cook the beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium high heat until well browned. Pour off any fat. Stir in 1/2 cup sauce and 1 cup cheese.
  3. Spread 1/2 cup sauce in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
  4. Spoon about 2 tablespoon meat mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam-side down in prepared dish. Top with remaining sauce and cheese.
  5. Bake for 20 minutes until the cheese melts. Makes 8 enchiladas.
(Source:All Recipe's: Enchiladas)

No comments:

Post a Comment